Monday, October 25, 2010

Where Did the Weekend Go?



It's hard to believe, it's already Monday!

Here are my weekend highlights:

* Took an early bus into NYC to visit my hairstylist to get a much needed haircut.

* Met up with my Mom and had a shrimp scampi over linguine lunch in City Island.

* Accompanied Mom to a happening birthday party.

* Sent Mr. Man on a mission to pick up a peacoat at an amazing price. (More on the tomorrow!)

Even though I am a city girl through and through, one thing that I definitely became accustomed to about living in suburbia is the quietness of the evenings.  All we hear here by the shore at night are the sounds of crickets. In NYC however, specifically where my mother lives, I was awoken every 30 minutes by the sound of the NYC Transit Bus approaching and departing from the stop across the street.  I also heard the firetrucks, police cars, and individuals arguing with each other as they walked by.  So, needless to say, I was happy to get a restful night's sleep after a fun filled weekend.

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment