Sunday, August 15, 2010

{A Girl Can Never Have Enough} Jewelry



No matter where I am going...whether it be a dinner gathering or out food shopping, a wedding or volunteering at school, there are two things I do not leave home without.  A little lipstick/lipgloss and jewelry.  My engagement ring and wedding band is a given.  But I always like to change up earrings, necklace, and bracelets to my mood.

I guess it is apparent to those individuals I associate with, because before school ended, Lil Miss' teacher approached me about hosting a Lia Sophia party.  To be honest, I had been invited to countless of these parties years ago.  My thoughts were always..."what if I don't like anything?  Then I will feel as though I am obligated to buy something in order to cooperate with the hostess."  Since most of these parties took place on a weekday early evening, and Mr. Man never gets home that early, I had an legitimate excuse to not attend.   Needless to say, I never knew what I was missing out on.  Until this past Christmas....

Lil Miss' teacher was very generous and gave me a present during the class Christmas party I assisted in organizing.  "You are so incredibly helpful and sweet, I wanted to get you a little something as a thank you for all that you do.  Do know also, your help is always much appreciated."  I thanked her profusely for the kind words and the gift.  She really didn't have to.  I was going to wait till Christmas morning to open her present, but Lil' Miss insisted I open it right away.  Inside, delicately displayed inside a cornflower blue box, was this beautiful necklace.

And on the last day of school, she again presented me with a Lia Sophia gift...a necklace with matching earrings. 


  The offer she had going for July made it too hard for me to pass up.  Buy one full price item, get TWO half off. Best thing about this, you choose which items you want to pay half price. The date was set and I invited my friends who I knew would be interested.  Unfortunately, July is a busy summer month and many people go away.  So instead of a home show, we decided I would host a catalog show.  I ended up selling over $500 in items.  I ended up getting close to $200  in free jewelry, and paid $60 for almost $300 worth of additional jewelry.  Heavenly!



A girl can never have enough jewelry!

No comments:

Post a Comment