Tuesday, January 26, 2010

One Reason I Miss NYC


I often times listen to my friends complain about living in apartment buildings and noisy neighbors. They complain about the constant vehicle emissions that pollute their air on a daily basis. They also complain about the high cost of providing a descent home, food, and clothing for their families. Whenever I hear this, I can truly sympathize with them. I also thank goodness that we moved out of the city 8 years ago to a home in the suburb. Cost of living is cheaper, you get more home for your money, and you can breath fresh air without the fumes making you dizzy. But there is one thing (of a few) that my family and friends who still live in the Big Apple have a variety of that I miss terribly.....

FOOD

Sure we have food here....and a multitude of restaurants. But what my town lacks is variety. No matter where you are in New York City you can find an array of culinary options to choose from. Last night I was speaking to a friend online and realized....there are so many ethnic foods that I ate on a regular basis that I can not obtain here. One such choice....Greek cuisine. When I thought back to the last time I had a gyro, I astonished myself. 8 years!!!! And it's been that long since I had baklava as well.

This morning my main man decided to scour the internet for the closest Greek restaurant. And he found one about 20 miles away. Tonight for dinner I was able to experience a delicious gyro and baklava as though it was for the first time. It was delicious, filling, and oh so satisfying.

NYC I miss you!

2 comments:

  1. awww! Now I really need to eat a fajita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats what Hubbies are for ;) Tho I hope your stole the biggest piece.
    I think we have a greek resturant in central Newcastle, but wouldn't have a clue what to nibble, but now I do ;)

    ReplyDelete