Saturday, July 10, 2010

You're Going Places, Baby!


It has become a soothing ritual for me....twice a day, every day....once in the morning and then again in the evening, I make it a point to come on my blog and take a look at my list of blog favorites to see which blogs have been updated.  I then sit with my cup of coffee (remember, I'm a caffeine addict) and read through each and every one.

Imagine my surprise when reading The Simply Luxurious Life update I realized I was bestowed with the You're Going Places, Baby blog award.  My very first award!  I was beyond excited to receive an award from a blogger who, in just a few short months, I have come to treasure.  Her updates are tremendously uplifting, beautiful, and chock full of wisdom. I must admit I eagerly anticipate each one.  So when I saw she presented me with this honor my heart swelled with tremendous warmth and gratitude.  Thank you so much, Shannon.  It really does mean a lot to me.

As the proud recipient of this award I must also comply with two things:
  • Describe where you think you'll be in 10 years
  • Pass the fun along to other bloggers
 Ten years from now I hope to find myself fulfilling a dream which was inspired by my daughter.  She has big hopes and dreams for her future and the moment she shared them with me, she said she would like to see me at her side helping her every step of the way.  So in ten years I hope to be managing a brilliant young woman's career.  I hope to keep her grounded and help steer her in the right direction.  I hope to be able to give her sound advice and to be able to take a step back and allow her to make her own decisions when my advice is not required.  The path that she wants to take is a tough one, but she has already demonstrated the maturity, commitment and perseverance needed in order to make her dream a reality.  So I am in it with her and for her, all the way.

I would like to bestow this marvelous award to :


Ladies, your blogs always put a smile on my face.

Thanks again, Shannon.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. So happy I found your blog!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats CJ! :D Your truly deserve it. I love reading your blog, your journey with your family - and truly wish you all the best, and every wish L hopes for comes true. I always look forward to your words of Wisdom - and image selection.
    Ty for posting about blogski - and checking it out :D. Tis a nudge to get an update going ;).
    Aah, You know in 10 years I think I'll be freaking out at being 40. ;) And hopefully not living in Rob's bin. I may have progressed to the landfill o.O ha! I shall get my thinking cap on about this ;)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you, CJ! Congrats on your award! Your blog is the bees knees, my friend :) I so look forward to checking out what adventures you've been on every week. You also have an amazing sense of style, so, of course, I also adore checking out your fashion finds too. You've got yourself an all-around GORGEOUS blog, lady. I'm so happy and honored to be part of your blogging circle of friends.

    ReplyDelete