Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy November!


Is it just me, or has 2010 breezed by?

After celebrating the last day of October with sweets, glitter, candy, and mischief....the first day of November is always greeted with this intensely calm and serene feeling.

In my home, this feeling doesn't last for much longer than the first day of November though.  Although the rest of November is a flurry of activities (my birthday, Lil Man's birthday, in addition to nephew, sister, best friend's date of birth too), I also start the intense planning for Thanksgiving.  I host this holiday and it means a house filled to the brim with 14+ people.  With a little over 1,700 square feet of living space, this means carefully planning and orchestrating where everyone will sleep, careful menu planning for a large group, and what activities we will entertain each other with.  We are huge on entertainment! This year, Lil Diva has already written an original screenplay for us to perform.

Last, but not least, November also means making my list and checking it twice with regards to Christmas.  I am not much of a fan of huge crowds, so I try to avoid the shops when I can during the month of December.  Only day that is an exception to the rule is Black Friday.  There are just too many deals to be had that day...and seeing that the family is here too, it is a family affair!

Hope everyone has a wonderful start to November.  Enjoy everything the last full month of Autumn has to offer!

2 comments:

  1. I like how organized you are--hosting such a big thanksgiving + all your birthdays and pre-christmas shopping--whew! Reminding me of how much I have to do too! But it's so much fun this time of year! Hoping you're having a good Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want to be a member of your family! A screenplay?!!! Sounds like such a blast!

    ReplyDelete