The "unofficial" start of summer is here!
With it brings all the extra-curricular activities of the school year drawing to a close (my girl scouts had their end of the year party last Friday). I am most looking forward to the lazy days of summer ahead, waking up at our leisure, spending quality time with Lil Diva & Lil Man, and enjoying the outdoors.
But before that, there is this beautiful holiday weekend to enjoy.... In the works:
* Watching Pirates of the Caribbean in 3D (a must when Johnny Depp is involved!)
* Prepping the backyard for the pool.
* BBQ burgers, chicken & shrimp shish kebabs, potato & pasta salads.
* (Safely) Soaking in the rays with my pile of June magazines.
* Visiting the local homemade ice cream parlor.
Last, but certainly not least, on Monday we will take a moment to reflect on the true meaning of the holiday.... to remember those men and women of our armed forces who have died while in military service, fighting to assure that we continue to live in the land of the free, home of the brave. Hope you will too.
Have a great weekend!