Monday, May 16, 2011

{The Weekend Review} Lil' Man's Special Day


My Lil' Man made his first Holy Communion.....

It's hard to believe this is the same beautiful baby boy with the biggest set of brown eyes and mile long eyelashes I held yesterday.  It really does seem like yesterday.  By luck, we sat in the aisle directly beside him.  I couldn't help but stare at him thinking how quickly time passes. Seeing him all dressed up in his navy suit and tie was bittersweet.  Here, before me, stood a young man.  No longer the cherubic baby I christened in this very church eight years earlier.

It reminded me of a conversation I had with him one morning a few weeks ago.  He usually lets me cuddle him in the mornings when I wake him up for school. I usually give him kisses and tell him I love my baby boy.  On one particular morning he decided I can no longer call him "my baby".  Broke my heart!

Lil Man: I'm not a baby.


Me: But you'll always be my baby.


Lil Man: (sternly) I am not a baby. You can't call me that.


Me: Well, are you my Lil Man then? Can I call you that?


Lil Man: You can call me that, but not baby. OK.

*sigh*

Needless to say, the weekend was spent with family celebrating a major milestone in Lil Man's life.  As always, we enjoyed spending time together and reminiscing on how much he has grown.  It's so important to cherish every moment because the saying "They will grow in a blink of an eye", is oh so true.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment