Monday, September 27, 2010

Movie Review: The Town


Since the Lil Diva had performances all weekend, Mr. Man and I decided to take in a movie.  If I left it up to his accord, he would've selected Wall Street.  Not my kind of movie. So I decided to select one with an interesting storyline and action.  The former for me, the latter for Mr. Man.

Let me just say, this movie starts with edge of your seat action, right from the very beginning.  It weaves you in and out of the dual lives Doug (played by Ben Affleck) has unexpectedly created for himself. I don't want to give too much away, but the star studded cast was amazing.  One actress who blew me away with her performance....Blake Lively.  You get so used to seeing her play Serena in Gossip Girl, you don't picture her playing anything else.  Her character, Krista, is a far cry from Serena van de Woodsen.

My rating for "The Town" is 5 Stars.  Stellar screenplay, brilliantly directed, and a must see.

4 comments:

  1. Great review - I think I'll have to see it now. Love Ben Affleck!!

    xo
    jess
    http://cheapbutchicclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent review. I shall try and see it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard it was something worth going to see, but it's nice to hear it from a woman's perspective. Thank you for sharing your review. It sounds like Ben has really put together a lovely piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! I've been vacillating about seeing it, but now I think I will!

    Two pennies for your thoughts today!

    ReplyDelete