Saturday, September 4, 2010

Scrumptious Saturday Breakfast

Here are two little known facts about me.

1} I enjoy making homemade breakfasts for my family on the weekends.  We are all home, we are relaxing, and the day is laid back....no rushing about.

&

2} I adore trying new recipes.  Lucky for me, two out of my three family members love trying new things just as much as I do. 

So when Shannon, from The Simply Luxurious Life, blogged and tweeted about trying this amazing recipe for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, my mouth watered.  She obtained the recipe from a blog she follows, Style & Charm, (photo is from her post) which has quickly become a favorite of mine too.  As soon as I realized it was a Bobby Flay recipe, I knew this was going to be absolutely delicious.  So I took a ride to market Friday and picked up all the necessary ingredients to give this recipe a try. 

The results were amazing!  In addition to serving mine with a dusting of confectioner's sugar and fresh raspberries, I mixed the lemon curd with a touch of raspberry preserves I had in fridge.  Definitely mouth watering!

Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay at FoodNetwork.com

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1 lemon, zested and juiced
  • Butter, for griddle
  • 1 (11-ounce) jar prepared lemon curd
  • Fresh raspberries, for garnish
  • Confectioners' sugar, for garnish

Directions

Preheat a nonstick griddle.


Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and sugar in a small bowl. Whisk together the cheese, eggs, milk, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl. Whisk the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Brush the hot griddle with butter. For each pancake, pour approximately 1/4 cup measure of the batter on the griddle and cook on both sides until light golden brown. Repeat until no batter remains.


Empty the contents of the lemon curd into a small saucepan and warm over low heat. Alternatively, remove the lid and place in a microwave oven on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, stopping after 1 minute to stir the curd. Drizzle a few tablespoons of the curd over the pancakes, top with fresh raspberries, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.

4 comments:

  1. So happy you enjoyed them! Isn't there just a lush density about them that feels a bit rich? I don't know quite how to explain it except that I enjoyed each bite. Thanks tremendously for the mention. Enjoy your weekend. I truly enjoy chatting/tweeting with you. It is a pleasure of mine I can't express enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely scrummy - officially drooling over said piccy and recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound delicious! Lemon in pancakes never occurred to me, but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmigosh these look absolutely phenomenal - I must make them someday soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete