Monday, September 20, 2010

Thirteen Years Ago Today....

Thirteen years ago today.....on a warm, sunny, September afternoon, much like today..... I married my friend.

I remember most of my friends thought Mr. Man was an unlikely match for me.  Me being the openly friendly, silly, social, extrovert....him being the quiet, reserved, introvert.  But upon getting to know him I realized he was my anchor.  Whenever, I get overly emotional about something, he's the one to shock me back to reality, "oh come on, it's not such a big deal! It's not the end of the world!" and he's right.  And the same works out for us in reverse.....my optimism and funny nature has helped him when he has felt a little insecure.  His dry sense of humor always has me in stitches (I often think....he should have been British), and my way of sporadically taking everyday terms and songs and making them mean something else entirely (which he determines right away) always puts a huge smile on his face.  We really can turn to each other for anything....positive advice, a shoulder to cry on, a good laugh. What people can't openly see is the fact we both have the same goals, values, morals, and passion about life.  So on the surface we may have seemed like complete opposites, we were like two puzzle pieces that fit perfectly together.

Mr. Man, in thirteen years we have gone through so much together.  More ups than downs, thank God. We have accomplished so many goals, created a family, and built a loving home to spend our time in. Truthfully, it doesn't feel like so much time has gone by....but as they say....Time Flies When You're Having Fun!  And indeed, it has been.  Happy Anniversary!

7 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! Happy anniversary and congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful tribute...wow, it's touching. Happy Anniversary my dears! It was truly joy to read this post...thanks...

    Cheers: Evi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww Happy Anniversary, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. *wipes away a few tears* This is so utterly lovely,CJ! Happy anniversary and here's to many, MANY more blissful years. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated happy anniversary, 13 years is quite a few years. It makes me feel warm inside to hear of other couples who are happy, even after a number of years. Good for you!

    May there be many more to come, and thanks for posting about it. I love your site, it is easy to see that you post from your heart.

    Have a stunning day.
    Colin.

    ReplyDelete