Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Solstice

First Day of Summer.....

The longest day of the year.  After today, the day's begin to get shorter again.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.The day was sensationally hot and the sun was shining all day long. A perfect summer day.  I usually am not particularly fond of the heat, but when it doesn't include humidity, I'll take it.  We took in a movie (Karate Kid - very good) and went to a premium outlet mall.  What better way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon than shopping?  Helped The Man find a pair of brown shoes at Johnston & Murphy, and was rewarded with a few new tees from J Crew & Kenneth Cole.

Since this is my last week of "freedom" before my summer days are filled with a Hurricane & a Diva, I decided to take a last childless walk through a couple of my favorite stores.  During a walk around one store, I found these.  A perfect addition to my collection.  They will be paired with a pair of capris and a cool top this weekend and worn to a christening.

Happy Monday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pic and shoes!
    Happy summer, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous find on the shoes! Oh, and I have never purchased Kenneth Cole T's, but I will check them out. I am always looking for brands with very dependable and flattering plain Ts. Thanks for the tip. Enjoy your last week before it sounds like it will get a bit busier. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that bungalow image... it definitely defines the great summer vacation... have a nice one!!

    ReplyDelete